Research Paper Guidelines and Requirements
Collection of research papers
"Actual Problems of International Relations"
The Guidelines have been designed to meet the requirements of state and interstate rules, regulations and standards of writing of scientific articles.
Assigning a collection of research papers "Actual Problems of International Relations" (hereinafter – Collection) International Standard Serial Number – ISSN has been taken into account.
1. General Part
The article shall be a completed scientific work, containing scientific novelty and/or practical significance, justification of provisions.
The article shall contain the following obligatory sections:
• general statement of the problem and its relationship with important scientific and practical tasks;
• analysis of recent researches and publications launching the solution of this problem, on which the author relies;
• selection of the unsolved parts of the problem that the article is devoted to;
• formulation of the purposes of article;
• presentation of the main research material with full justification of scientific results;
• conclusions of the study and the prospects of further development in this direction.
The article shall be written in English. In case of issue of thematic Collection based on materials of international scientific conferences, round tables, etc., the article may be written in the language of the conference. All statistical data shall be confirmed by source.
All quotations shall be closed by the references on sources.
The authors are fully liable for the veracity of the materials contained in the article, for the observance of the legislation on copyright and related rights and other applicable law, for the accuracy of the data and the quality of the actual material (quotations, names, formulas, statistics, etc.).
The editorial staff reserves the right to return the materials to the authors for correction of errors and rework. The editors have the right to reduce and edit the materials of authors. Materials are subject to double-blind peer-review, which is carried out by specialists of relevant scientific fields.
The opinions and suggestions of the authors, expressed in articles, do not necessarily reflect the view of the editorial board. The materials of article cannot be published in other academic journals. In cases of plagiarism detection, the authors are responsible for the submitted materials in accordance with applicable law.
2. Abstract and key words
While an article is written in English, a structured summary in Ukrainian of not less than 1800 signs, including the key words, should be included with the manuscript together with the key words which encapsulate the principal subjects covered by the paper which will be used for indexing. The summary should be understandable to readers who have not read the rest of the paper. It should not contain any citations of other published work.
3. Research PAPER length
Full article length shall not exceed:
• survey and topical articles – up to 20 A4 pages;
• general articles by category of the collection – up to 15 A4 pages;
4. Research PAPER pattern
- UDC code.
- Surname and initials of the author/authors in Ukrainian, English and Russian.
- Information about author/authors in Ukrainian, English and Russian.
- Title of the article in Ukrainian, English and Russian.
- Abstract  in Ukrainian, English and Russian.
- Key words  in Ukrainian, English and Russian.
- The main text of article in Ukrainian, English or the language of a scientific conference.
- List of references.
- List of references – transliteration in English letters.
5. Technical requirements
The article is written with a text editor MS Word. The text options are specified by corresponding functions of the editor:
• file type of article – (.doc, .docx);
• font – Times New Roman;
• point size – 14 pt;
• line space – 1,5;
• paragraph – 1,0 cm;
• text alignment – justified.
Orientation – portrait.
Margins: top, bottom, right – 20 mm, left – 20 mm.
Pages are automatically numbered in the text editor, headlines aren’t made.
Additional technical requirements to the articles are contained in the Regulations of registration of scientific articles (with attachments), approved by the Chief Editor of the Collection.
6. Materials for submission to editorial staff
1. Electronic file of article as .doc or .docx. The name of file – surname of author.
2. The author points out its contact details on hard and electronic copies: telephone number, postal and email addresses.
3. For breadboarding the Collection the articles signed for printing on hard copy are passed to room #101, or sent to the address: 04119, Kyiv, 36/1 Yuriia Illienka str., room # 101;
in electronic form – sent to E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org .
 Abstract is the main source of information about the content of article and set forth therein results for citation database Scopus. Volume of abstracts shall amount 100-250 words. The abstract shall briefly repeat the structure of the article and include: introduction, purpose and objectives, methods, results and conclusions. In the text of abstracts the author shall use the keywords from the text, adhere to uniform terminology, shall not use common phrases and make references on the publications.
 Formation of the list of keywords provides solution of automation tasks for citation of articles that is performed by computers online.
The names and email addresses given by users of this journal's site will be used solely to perform the internal technical tasks of this journal; they will not be distributed or transmitted to outsiders.